Be a Summer Hunger Hero
Hunger doesn’t take a vacation, and there are more than 300,000 kids that rely on school meals during the school year. While many families are looking forward to vacation, thousands of kids who rely on reduced and free school meals are at risk of missing meals this summer.
You can be a hunger hero by making a donation or participating in one of the many programs that we are running throughout the summer. Check them out below.
- Provide meals for children in our region: Make a financial donation to Philabundance, $10 provides 20 meals. Donate online today.
- Purchase a Phans Feeding Families pin: The purchase of each $5 pin will provide 7 meals. Order your pin online.
- Hold a food drive: Take advantage of free time this summer and organize a food drive! From collections at summer camps, day care centers, work place or even your own home pantry- donations collected by the community translates to meals for children across our region. Visit our food drive section to learn how to get started!
- Utilize our Hunger Hero Tool kit: The toolkit also offers ideas and resources to help families fight hunger and a guide to educate your kids on hunger. Download your free toolkit from our website!
- Volunteer with Philabundance: Due to summer vacations, we have the greatest need for volunteer in the summer. Also, you can sign up for the Hunger Heroes Family Volunteer Night on Tuesday, August 12. Kids eight and up will be allowed to work in the Hunger Relief Center! Register online through our Volunteer Hub!