Fresh Fruit Crisp
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh ripe peaches* (about 8 ) , or any fruit* in season.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup sugar* or Splenda sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soft margarine or butter.
Preheat oven 375ºF.
Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
Peel and slice peaches, remove the pits, and place into the prepared dish.
Combine flour with sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
Using 2 knives or a pastry blender, cut butter into flour, until it is coarsely combined, resembling crumbs.
Sprinkle the topping over the peaches.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden.
Serve while warm.
Top with low-fat yogurt* or Ice-cream*
Fruit Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt*
- 1 cup chopped fresh* or canned fruit*
- 1/2 cup dried cereal* (granola type or dry crunchy cereal)
2 tall glasses
Drain fruit if using canned fruit
Spoon 1/4 cup fruit into each glass.
Cover fruit in each glass with 1/4 cup yogurt.
Repeat steps 2 & 3.
Sprinkle the top of each parfait with 1/4 cup of cereal.
Variations: cottage cheese, frozen yogurt or ice cream may be used instead of yogurt.
Fruit Yogurt Shake
- 1 cup of fruit* (peaches, strawberries, or bananas, frozen or canned fruit* may also be used)
- 4 scoops (1 1/3 cups) non-fat frozen yogurt*
- 2 cups skim or low-fat milk*, ice cold (soy milk*, soy* or regular yogurt*, may be substituted)
Cut up fruit. Put all ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth.
Pour into cups. Serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 291calories, 0.6 gram fat, 53 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 201 milligrams sodium, 12 grams protein.
Frozen Fruit Cup
- 1 cup applesauce*
- 1 can pineapple chunks*, drained
- 1 can mandarin orange slices*, drained
- 2 tablespoons 100% orange juice, or any other juice
- 1 cup grapes*
- 1 banana*, sliced
- Paper cups (not plastic, they will crack)
Combine all ingredients in a big mixing bowl, mix and pour into paper cups.
Note: Any combination of fresh, frozen, or canned fruit may be used.