Our strategy to relieve hunger in the Delaware Valley is to ensure that households have sufficient access to a Food Cupboard. Because our supply of food resources is limited, we have found it necessary to restrict the types of programs that we accept for membership. We are no longer accepting applications from agencies that operate only shelters, social service programs, or emergency kitchen programs. Programs serving onsite meals to children and senior citizens will still be considered for membership.
In order to become a member of Philabundance your agency must:
- Operate within our service area
- Have been in operation for at least 6 months with records to support your statement of operation
- Be able to describe how your agency contributes to meeting the food relief needs of your community
- Must be a federally tax exempt 501(c)3 organization that is not a private foundation and has filed a 990 with the IRS, or be approved for Church status
- If operating a Food Cupboard or Neighborhood Distribution program, agree to take referrals from Philabundance
- Provide services without regard to race, sex, creed or religious affiliation and not require any person to attend a religious service or pledge money or membership in exchange for food received
- Provide any and all donated food to clients free of charge. Food cannot be transferred for money, property or services; you cannot charge any storage or handling fees
- Assume responsibility for distribution of all food received. Food can be used only for approved programs, cannot be stored in private homes, or obtained for personal consumption
- Meet local and state health requirements
- Be prepared to distribute at least 2000lbs of food from us each year
- Pay an annual membership fee as well as a one-time application processing fee
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member agency of Philabundance. If you feel your feeding program meets all of the above requirements, please contact a member of Agency Relations at 215-339-0900 for more information.
*Please note that we do not accept applications between October 1 and December 31 of each year. Any applications we receive during this time will be put on hold until January.