Teenagers across the region collected an astounding 64 tons of food over a two week period in the first regional high school food drive, exceeding the 25-ton goal by more than 250%. Philabundance thanks all of the participating schools as well as the student leaders who inspired their communities to donate tons of food for Philabundance.
The 64 tons of food raised is :
• Enough to feed THREE sold-out crowds at Citizen’s Bank Park
• If you stacked the cans, they’d be as tall as 20 Empire State buildings
• Over 130,000 meals for those in need across the region
Congratulations to Germantown Friends and Penncrest High schools for winning this year’s Shire’s The Great Food Fight.
October 1st through 15th
20 high schools competing – The school that collects the most food per student wins!
Thank you for joining Shire’s The Great Food Fight!, the first regional student food drive to fight hunger! More than 25,000 students from across the region have joined The Great Food Fight! and schools from all five counties have registered to participate.
We’ve included a few materials to help you begin planning.
The electronic toolkit includes:
- Official Letter from Bill Clark, Executive Director of Philabundance
- The Great Food Fight! Overview
- ABC’s of the Great Food Fight!
- Collection Guidelines
- Most Needed Items
- Checklist for success
- Social Media
- Description- The Great Food Fight!
- Hunger Facts
So get those creative juices flowing, get excited for some healthy competition, and start thinking about how your school could use the $10,000 cash prize!
Best of Luck!
Any questions? e-mail email@example.com