6 Ways to Keep Your 2016 New Year’s Resolutions with Philabundance
Get fit. Find a new job. Learn something new. Give back. Save money. Enjoy life. These are just a few of the many resolutions made at the beginning of each year. And we’ve got some options to help you get there! Check out these six ways to start your New Year on the right foot with Philabundance:
- Eat healthier while saving money on groceries: Fare & Square, our nonprofit grocery store in Chester, offers great deals on all your grocery needs. Sign up for Carrot Club, a free membership program, and be rewarded for making healthy choices; purchase produce and get up to 10% in rewards for future shopping purchases— leading to a healthier you AND a healthier wallet.
- Sign up for a volunteer shift: We serve more than 90,000 people in nine counties each week, 30% of whom are children and 15% of whom are seniors – and we couldn’t do it without our volunteers who save us $2 million in salaries each year, which we can give back into feeding our communities.
- Bilingual? Help us translate: If you are bi-lingual and speak Cantonese, Mandarin or Spanish, use your skills translating for clients at our Fresh For All distribution sites. Email email@example.com for more information on how to get involved.
- Get cookin’ in our community kitchen: Our Philabundance Community Kitchen (PCK) is a North Philadelphia-based adult culinary arts vocational training program providing 500 hours of training to low-income individuals. The 14-week program features classroom learning, an internship and assistance with job placement.
- Join our Philabundance “Phamily”: Searching for a job or seeking a career transition? See if one of our open positions is right for you.
- Give back by donating now: The holidays may be over, but hunger is far from gone. Hitting every zip code, every day, we need your help in the year-round fight against hunger. For every $1 donated we will provide TWO meals to a hungry neighbor in need.