6abc Dunkin’ Donuts Holiday Food Drive 2015
November 1 – December 31
6abc and Dunkin’ Donuts are partnering with Philabundance to fight hunger this holiday season. The two month long food drive features a series of events in which the public can get involved. Check our list of events below!
6abc is proud to provide a continued opportunity for donations in a way that couldn’t be easier. All supporters have to do is go online to donate now through December 31st with just a few clicks of the mouse!
- On Tuesday, November 3, 6abc’s special weekly series on Hunger in Our Area began airing on Action News at 5 pm. The series will look at innovations and special supporters making a difference in the fight against hunger. A piece on senior hunger, featuring Philabundance programs, clients and its nonprofit grocery store, Fare & Square, will air on Tuesday, December 1. Tune in to learn how you can help drive hunger from our communities. Watch recent episodes in this series now.
November 14th through 21st: Boy Scouts Food Collection
- On Saturday November 14, the Boy Scouts from troop 147 will visit homes throughout the Philadelphia area to place a Scouting For Food bag on every door, to encourage neighbors to donate canned goods and non-perishable boxed items for Philabundance. The Scouts will return the following Saturday, November 21, to collect the bags of food, sort the donations and deliver them to Philabundance. Boy Scouts will also be marching in the 6ABC Thanksgiving Day Parade to collect even more food!
November 27th: Thanksgiving Day Collection
- Going to the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade this year? So are we! Don’t forget to grab your cans and non-perishables for drop off into one of our boxes during the parade.
- Participating Acme Markets locations will be accepting cans of food and scanning donations at checkout for local food banks, including Philabundance. Make sure to grab a few extra cans or add your donation at checkout.
November 26: Give this Thanksgiving
- 10% of hot and iced coffee sales on Thanksgiving Day will be donated to five regional food banks, including Philabundance.
November 28th through December 31st: Roast Hunger
- Use the Dunkin’ Mobile App to receive an offer for a $1.49 Large Hot Coffee. Dunkin’ will donate .50 from each redeemed offer to regional food banks, including Philabundance.