support

Uncategorized

The “Philabundance Food Fund” was established to give donors the ability to make financial donations to Philabundance, which will be used to purchase food supplies to supplement those food supplies provided by donations.

There are a several categories of food items that Philabundance does not receive in sufficient quantities or does not receive on such a regular and timely basis to meet the community need. Such items often include high protein items including tuna fish, canned meat, peanut butter, complete meal items such as beef stew and chunky soup and high value produce like apples and oranges. Monetary donations to the Philabundance Food Fund provide the opportunity to purchase quantities in bulk of these much needed items at a substantial discount over retail prices.

By utilizing our bulk buying power to purchase food at a wholesale or lower price we acquire the maximum quantity of food with the financial resources available. Philabundance can provide at least 20% more food for the same dollar that the average consumer would spend on food donated for a food drive. In addition, Philabundance can acquire the ideal mix of product needed for the community.

Donations to the fund will be specifically recognized to the donor of their intended use and all distributions from the fund will be closely monitored and controlled and subject to review by the organizations outside auditors.

Allowable Uses of Donated Funds

  • Ninety percent (90%) of funds donated will be applied directly to the purchase of food, with the remaining 10% allocated to cover the organizational costs associated with administering the food purchasing program and distributing the product
  • Funds may be used to cover the purchase, fees and inbound distribution costs to acquire produce, either in distributable form or in bulk, requiring further packaging, to be later distributed in ways comparable to other donated produce.
  • Funds may be used to cover the purchase, fees and inbound distribution costs to acquire other perishable items such as meat and dairy items to be distributed in ways comparable to other perishable products.
  • Funds may be used to cover the purchase, fees and inbound distribution costs to acquire shelf stable goods either in distributable form or in bulk (reclamation), requiring further sorting and boxing, to be later distributed in ways comparable to other donated shelf stable products.

If you have any questions about the Philabundance Food Fund or any other giving opportunities, please contact Eliav Decter at 215-339-0900 ext 299 or via e-mail at edecter@philabundance.org.

Donate to the Food Fund, today!

Comments are closed.