Art Institute of Philadelphia & Campbell Soup Company Donate Cans from Exhibition
The Art Institute of Philadelphia in partnership with Campbell Soup Company hosted a three month long landmark exhibition in its gallery, titled “Campbell’s: 142 Years of Design”. The exhibition sought to communicate the contribution and influence that women have made throughout the Campbell’s history, from mothers to workers to leaders such as Margaret Rudkin, who founded Pepperidge Farm (now part of Campbell) and Denise Morrison, Campbell’s new President and Chief Executive Officer.
During the opening week, in the large window fronting the 1622 Gallery, Art Institute of Philadelphia Industrial Design students built a giant sculpture of the Campbell’s “C” of 2,000 cans of tomato soup which was generously donated to Philabundance at the close of the exhibit.
On behalf of the many families in need in our region, we’d like to thank the Art Institute of Philadelphia and Campbell’s Soup Company for their generous donation and dedication to fighting hunger.