Ginger Carrot Soup with Roasted Peanut: A PCK Graduate Recipe
Philabundance Community Kitchen Graduate Steve Parr’s first dish was scrambled eggs. With the skills and knowledge from his work in our program, today Steve is planning to open his own hospitality service in Brewerytown. Plus, he cooks up tasty recipes like this carrot soup with toasted sesame seeds!
Carrot Soup with Toasted Sesame
5 cloves of garlic
½ cup Ginger
3 cups water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (Steve notes: “Let’s go with some heat here!”)
Salt and pepper (“Of course! And to taste.”)
2 tablespoons of fresh Cilantro
- Clean and peel carrots, slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Clean and peel ginger, slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Sauté carrots in skillet.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic; cook until translucent.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Add water; salt and pepper to taste again.
- Let ingredients boil in pot on medium-high heat until all ingredients are tender.
- Once tender, add cilantro and then purée using a blender or stick blender
- Serve; garnish with peanuts to taste