Hunger Action Month 2015
September is Hunger Action Month!
September is Hunger Action Month, and to help feed those in need, Philabundance is launching a fundraiser and food drive to raise 30,000 meals during the 30 days of September for its hungry neighbors in the Delaware Valley.
What is Hunger Action Month?
Hunger Action Month is an effort to rally the public to raise awareness about hunger, to take action to alleviate it and to raise food and funds to fight it. Anyone can participate to make a change. Whether you’re Rocky Balboa or UFC champion, Ronda Rousey, September is YOUR month to knock out hunger in your community.
How can YOU help fight hunger?
There are a variety of ways you can help the 750,000 people facing hunger in the Delaware Valley:
- Donate now and double your impact — Safelite AutoGlass and Greenblatt, Pierce, Engle, Funt & Flores, LLC will each match every $1 donated up to $2,500
- Organize a food drive
- Text ‘FOOD’ to 41010 to donate $10 to Philabundance / provide 20 meals
- Follow Philabundance on social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Read client stories on the Philabundance blog
Get more ideas of how you can help fight hunger this September on our “30 Ways, 30 Days” calendar.
LIGHTS, CAMERA, HUNGER, ACTION!
This month, a well-known celebrity chose to spread the word about the 16 million children struggling with hunger in America. Can you guess which celebrity is fighting hunger this month? Hint: She starred in the movies Avengers and Captain America.
Find out here and join the national hunger movement!
Thanks to our generous sponsors and community partners supporting Hunger Action Month:
- Walmart, for donating $75,000 to Philabundance and bringing 30 volunteers to sort and pack donated goods
- Temple University, which, in conjunction with 6abc, is holding the Great Food Fight, a month-long food drive
- Schmear It bagel truck, which will provide a percentage of proceeds to Philabundance from September 1-14
- Oink and Moo BBQ, which will donate $1 to Philabundance for every meal sold at its restaurant, Smokey Pint
- Jenny and Frank’s Artisan Gelato, which will donate $1 for each pint of gelato and sorbetto sold at their store and all outlets
As always, throughout Hunger Action Month, those facing hunger can visit our resources page to find food for themselves or their family.
Thank you for taking action to help feed our neighbors in need.