Hunger Action Month
September 1-30, 2016
September is Hunger Action Month — a nationwide campaign organized by Feeding America, the national association of top-performing food banks, urging all of us to take action to fight hunger throughout the month!
How can you “Plate It Forward” this Hunger Action Month?
As we launch our “Plate It Forward” campaign, we’re asking the public to help fill the empty plates of our neighbors in need by donating, advocating and volunteering for Philabundance. With YOUR help, we’re aiming to provide 50,000 meals to our hungry neighbors.
Here are 5 ways you can help:
• Organize a food drive – the TOP food drive donor in September will receive Philabundance visibility on our website, social media channels and in an email that goes out to more than 64,000 people.
• Sign up for a volunteer shift with Philabundance to give back your time to the community.
• Sign up for our new advocacy newsletter to stay in the know on hot political topics and learn how you can take action!
• Visit the following restaurants below, as a portion of proceeds will be donated to Philabundance (check back here frequently as this list continues to grow!):
- Local 44– donating $1 from every local draft beer sold on 9/8
- Strangelove’s– donating $1 from every local draft beer sold on 9/8
- Coeur– donating $1 from every local draft beer sold on 9/8
- Clarkville– donating $1 from every local draft beer sold on 9/8
- Oink and Moo BBQ– donating $1 of each sale of one selected item from 9/1-9/30
- Little Spoon Cafe – donating $1 from every hot drip coffee and cold brew coffee sold on 9/8
As always, get social by tagging @Philabundance and using the hashtag #HungerActionMonth to help us raise awareness of the 1 in 7 Americans who are food insecure.
If you or someone you know is facing hunger, please visit our resources page to receive food assistance.