SEPTA Stop Hunger at Your Station 2016
From June 6-20, 2016 SEPTA collected donations of canned goods at 43 designated stations throughout the transit system, providing food items to those in need.
As a result, SEPTA riders donated 15,497 pounds of needed food items and $9,000, equating to over 33,000 meals to our neighbors in need! Thank you SEPTA and its riders for your amazing support and literally helping drive away hunger!
The community participated by contributing the following most needed food items:
- Canned/ Shelf Stable Meats (including Tuna)
- Canned Beef Stew
- Canned Chili
- Canned Pasta, Beef Ravioli
- Creamy Peanut Butter (plastic containers only, please)
- Jelly (plastic containers only, please)
- Canned Fruits and Vegetables
Collection barrels were available at the SEPTA locations listed below. CCT customers were able to give food donations to their drivers.