SEPTA Stop Hunger at Your Station Food Drive 2015
From October 19-31, 2015 SEPTA collected 14,273 pounds in donations of canned goods at 43 designated stations throughout the transit system, providing over 14,000 meals to those in need. CCT customers wishing to participate were able to give their canned good contributions to their vehicle operator.
The community participated by contributing the following items most needed food items:
- Canned/ Shelf Stable Meats (including Tuna)
- Canned Beef Stew
- Canned Chili
- Canned Pasta, Beef Ravioli
- Creamy Peanut Butter (plastic containers only, please)
- Jelly (plastic containers only, please)
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Canned Soup
- Canned Fruits and Vegetables
- Breakfast Cereal or Hot Cereal
Collection barrels were available at the SEPTA locations listed below. CCT customers were able to give food donations to their drivers.
THANK YOU SEPTA AND ITS RIDERS FOR ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL YEAR OF SEPTA STOP HUNGER AT YOUR STATION FOOD DRIVE!