Top 5 Tips for Making Your Holiday Food Drive a Success
While it may feel like it’s too soon to start dressing the turkey or decking the halls, it’s never too early to begin planning your holiday food drive! Read on for our top tips for making your efforts a success:
- Register, register, register! In order for us to help you have a fantastic food drive, we need you to register your food drive in our system.
- Read our toolkit. After registering, read through this powerful food drive guide jam-packed with all the information – and some fun tips and tricks – you need to get started.
- Focus on our most-needed items. In an effort to provide the most needed and nutritious food to those we serve, we created a list that highlights our highest food priorities. Encourage your friends, family and co-workers to donate goods from our Top 10 Most Needed Items List.
- Set realistic goals. Branded Philabundance boxes are available for food drives with a goal of 500 or more pounds (about 500 items). Food drive boxes are approximately three feet high by two feet deep and hold approximately 100-150 pounds of food each (about 100 items). Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment to pick up your boxes at either warehouse location.
- Call for pick-up. If your donation is greater than 500 pounds then you may request our transportation team pick up your goods by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the end of your food drive.