Many people are busy this time of year trying to figure out when they can fit in holiday gift shopping. Many people Philabundance serves are trying to figure out if they can do any holiday gift shopping, or if they will even be able to go holiday food shopping.
But you can help make it a happy, not hungry, holiday for those in need:
1. Shop at Amazon
Through the Amazon Smile program, every time you shop, a percentage of proceeds will go to Philabundance – just select us as your charity of choice in the search box on their site.
2. Give the Gift that Gives Back
Know someone who has everything? Make a donation to Philabundance in their honor. Every $1 you give will provide $2 to help feed those in need!
3. Give Your Time
Since Preston & Steve’s ultra-successful Camp Out for Hunger last month, we have more than 1 million pounds of food to pack and sort; come help us! While our shifts for December are filled, you can sign up for a shift in January or February when there will still be plenty of food to distribute.
4. Give the Gift of Knowledge
Learning about and helping us spread the word about the issue of hunger in our area – which impacts 20% of our neighbors – is a great gift to give us and those we serve. And you can do it in just a few minutes by:
Watching and sharing a video in the 6ABC hunger series:
- Mother and daughter open local food pantry for people with food allergies
- Food or medication? A choice no senior should ever have to make
- Fresh for All produce market in Montgomery County joins in the giving
- Philabundance and Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market Collaborative Effort to Rescue Produce
View more ways to help the hungry this holiday.
Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and hunger-free holiday.