Our amazing team at the Philabundance Community Kitchen joined Good Day Philadelphia to share some holiday recipes. Watch this segment, courtesy of FOX29, featuring a cooking demo and the full recipes are below for your enjoyment.
Roasted Butternut Squash with Brown Butter & Sage
- 2-ea. Butternut Squash, peeled & diced (approx. 1” cubes)
- 4-oz. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds
- 5 leaves Sage (Chiffonade)
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven 400º
- Toss the butternut squash in syrup, salt, and oil.
- Place on a roasting pan and slide into a preheated 400-degree oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- While the squash is in the oven… In a small saucepan, melt butter on med-low heat and simmer. The butter will slowly start to brown.
- Once browning occurs, turn off the heat and add the sage and pumpkin seeds.
- Transfer the squash to a platter when it is done, drizzle the butter mixture over the squash and serve.
Sautéed Haricot Vert with Toasted Almonds & Smoked Paprika
- 1-lb. Haricot Vert or Green Beans (Tops removed)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
- ¼ Cup Almonds (Toasted)
- 2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Ice Water
- In a pot of boiling water that has been salted, add the green beans and cook until tender (approx. 2-3 minutes).
- Once cooked remove and place in a bowl of ice water.
- Strain the cooled green beans and pat dry.
- When ready to serve, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on med-low heat.
- Add the green beans, season to taste with salt and pepper, and add the parsley.
- Once hot remove from the heat and place on a serving platter. Garnish with the toasted almonds, smoked paprika, and serve.